Sunday 21 July 2013

Breakfast parfait

'Everybody loves parfait' 
Quote one of my favourite movies... Yes, Shrek! 
Sunday's are our family day in the McDonald household, and usually we would head out for breakfast, but since it's bitterly cold here we stayed in our cosy house and I cooked up what I would normally order at our fav cafe. 
Home made granola with blueberries, raspberries and Greek yoghurt. 
My granola is very simple- chuck together the following- 
Cashews and almonds (smashed up in a pestle and mortar), pepitias, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, oats, quinoa flakes and walnuts. 
Quantities are up to you depending on what you like most (I love walnuts so I put heaps in) it really doesn't matter.
1tbsp coconut oil, melted. 
Add coconut oil to nut mix, stir, coating as much as possible. Spread out on baking paper (I use silpat mats) and roast in oven on 150'C stirring frequently to make sure it doesn't burn. 
Take out of oven, let cool, then add in tblsp flax meal and tblsp chia seeds (if you like)
Alternate layers of granola with full fat Greek yoghurt and fruit. 


No comments :

Post a Comment