So today I thought I'd try my hand at cooking up a delicious cookie that we could all eat. And these did not disappoint! Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, egg free, refined sugar free. Worthy of an omnomnom get-in-ma-belly tag.
The smell that filled my house when cooking these babies was enough for me to risk burning my tongue when I snuck one straight off the baking mat (delicious, but not recommended).
1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 tbspoon raw cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
2 tblspn coconut oil- melted
1/4 tspn baking powder
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn sea salt flakes
2 tblspn agave syrup (or maple syrup)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1. Preheat oven to 170C
2. Combine all ingredient in a bowl
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of mix and roll into ball. Place on lined tray and press centre in with thumb.
4. Bake for 13 min. Remove from oven and allow to cool
5. Meanwhile, make chocolate sauce- melt coconut oil, mix in cacao and agave syrup. Allow to cool until sauce thickens slightly, but not set.
6. When cookies are cool, pour over chocolate sauce. Put it fridge to set.
Try not to eat all in one sitting.