Tuesday 13 August 2013

Choc chip almond cookies

Everyone loves a good choc chip cookie. Well, I do anyway. On the weekend my lovely husband came home from Subway with 3 yummy cookies- one for Pip, himself and....me... not that I could eat them...he forgot. Gluten and me do not mix, and as tempting as they smelt, the memory of the belly ache that would follow is enough for me to not think twice at sneaking a bite.

So today I thought I'd try my hand at cooking up a delicious cookie that we could all eat. And these did not disappoint! Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, egg free, refined sugar free. Worthy of an omnomnom get-in-ma-belly tag.

The smell that filled my house when cooking these babies was enough for me to risk burning my tongue when I snuck one straight off the baking mat (delicious, but not recommended).


Recipe
Cookie
1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 tbspoon raw cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
2 tblspn coconut oil- melted
1/4 tspn baking powder
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn sea salt flakes
2 tblspn agave syrup (or maple syrup)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut

Chocolate sauce
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
1 teaspoon agave syrup

Method
1. Preheat oven to 170C 

2. Combine all ingredient in a bowl

3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of mix and roll into ball. Place on lined tray and press centre in with thumb.

4. Bake for 13 min. Remove from oven and allow to cool 

5. Meanwhile, make chocolate sauce- melt coconut oil, mix in cacao and agave syrup. Allow to cool until sauce thickens slightly, but not set.

6. When cookies are cool, pour over chocolate sauce. Put it fridge to set.

Try not to eat all in one sitting.


2 comments :

  1. I may just have to whip up a batch tomorrow I think! Would they still taste ok without the choc sauce? Or does it need it? I never seem to have much luck with clean chocolate. I can't seem to get the coconut oil and honey (my sweetener of choice) to combine so you get a mouthful that's sweet and then the next will be bitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be just as good without the chocolate sauce Courts :)

    ReplyDelete