Wednesday 14 August 2013

Raw chocolate and hazelnut brownie tart

This is my first attempt at free styling a recipe. My cooking style is very much a 'chuck it in and see how it tastes' style, so putting together a recipe of my own takes restraint in holding back and measuring what I'm actually putting in my dish!

I love clean, raw, brownies. And I love choc avo mousse. So I thought I'd combine them into one decadent dessert.
This is so good, I had the husband asking for seconds.


This makes one small tart (about 15cm diameter tin)- it is rich enough that 1/4 of a piece will satisfy (although I ate a half..... oink oink)

Recipe
Base
6 Medjool dates (pitted)
2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
1/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup hazelnuts
1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt flakes
1/4 cup almonds

Chocolate mousse
1 avocado
2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons of agave syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt flakes
1/4 teaspoon mesquite powder (optional)


Method
In food processor blitz walnuts and hazelnuts until finely ground.
Add in cacao power and salt, blitz until combined.
Add in medjool dates 1 at a time while food processor is still running
Add in almonds and blitz until broken down but still leaving them in little chunks.
Mixture should stick together when pressed.
Scoop out and press into tart tins then pop into freezer to set

Mousse
Blitz all ingredients in processor- add more sweetener if avocado taste is still present.

Fill tart case with mousse- pop back in freezer to set.
Cut right before serving.
Try to share and not eat it all yourself....like me...

1 comment :

  1. Oh pretty sure I'd eat the whole thing! Yummo Clair.

    ReplyDelete